It's been a weird week. My middle kid is sick (allergies, swimmers ear, sinus infection), my grandma died (it's fine--she was 93, had lived a great life, she was at peace when it ended), weekend plans that were forever in the making have been disrupted, I'm bouncing from task to task and not feeling like much is complete. Plus turning the calendar page to August always damages my psyche. I need to change my mental state from discontented to thankful, so here's a little list of things I'm grateful for, written to boost my attitude:
1. The doctor gave Mr. B pills, spray and drops to cure all that ails him. The cure is kicking in.
2. Iced coffee.
3. Some interesting (and humorous!) discoveries while cleaning out grandma's house.
4. Prairie flowers.
5. Always finding my sunglasses.
6. A lovely landscaping job by the shed.
7. Yoga class.
8. Bike rides.
9. Winning a prize from the adult summer reading program at our library!
10. Kind friends.
11. Mr. D's support.
12. Dinner with friends who really made us laugh Tuesday night.
Don't forget, I'm also giving away a copy of this book