Wednesday, November 23, 2016

a little more

gratitude before the Thanksgiving holiday kicks off and I find myself seated before a plate of turkey and mashed potatoes with gravy.  I'm blessed with so much goodness in my life.

I have some great friends--my writing group, the Bumbles, the Dames (and Gary!), fellow teachers. Knowing like-minded, interesting people makes life easier. They teach me a lot and give loads of encouragement.

Books. Always and forever books are my most favorite hobby.  So many elegant writers, gorgeous words, compelling stories to enjoy.  Reading never gets old for me. If anything, the more I read, the more I learn I don't know and the curious-er I become.

A wall of books, plus piles in every room of this house. Living the dream.

Though having gardens ranks a close second as far as hobbying goes. 


I'm thankful for my family, far-flung and those living under the same roof as me. 

A day off of work when I can wear pajamas all day and do what pleases me when it pleases me.  I don't have to wait for the bell to ring to use the bathroom today. I can wander around and eat or drink or read or putter at my leisure. I laid around in bed just relishing the stretched-out, cozy laziness for an extra hour and it didn't matter because I didn't need to go anywhere today!

Photo albums that remind me of special times.

Mr. G still has "soft blankey" from all those years ago.

My babies were once this small. Seriously glad I took pictures to remind me.
Smartwool socks.

I can't take it for granted that I live somewhere safe, healthy and full of opportunity.

A snug house on a cold, rainy day.

A reliable vehicle. I didn't always have that and the stress of it was exhausting.  It's great to hop in, turn key, hear engine start every. single. time.

Safe travels, reader, and enjoy your Thanksgiving however and wherever you spend it!
  

3 comments:

  1. A blessed Thanksgiving to you and your family!

    I am appreciating the like-minded people aspect of my life right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving to my like-minded friend!
    Seeing your pictures and reading your words makes me happy tonight. I look forward to reading your next book, too.

    ReplyDelete

Spill it, reader.